Standard-based smart metering solution
Delivered as part of CyanConnode’s Omni IoT platform, Omnimesh for utilities provides Smart electricity metering capability. Using industry-recognised open standards, Omnimesh is a scalable and robust system that provides cost-effective, multi-technology communications to support Smart Grid AMI solutions.
Omnimesh Smart Metering enables utilities to operate innovative commercial models, improve customer experience, automate billing, rapidly locate and resolve outages, reduce distribution issues and losses and manage demand in real time during peak periods.
Choosing Omnimesh future-proofs utilities investments; allowing existing enterprise applications to scale, and enabling new business applications to be deployed over the same infrastructure.
Omnimesh - the features
- Supports proven standards: DLMS/COSEM, IEEE 802.14.4, IPv6 6LoWPAN, TLS/DTLS
- Designed to support global and country-specific AMI standards - Bureau of Indian Standards IS 15959 and IS6444 supported and available
- Meter vendor and protocol agnostic framework provides interoperability and multi-meter vendor deployments
- Headend (HES) Application Programme Interface (API) enables rapid integration while reducing complexity and costs
- Resilient, self-forming, self-healing mesh communications network maximise data transfer while minimising human effort and error
- Optimised communications for urban, rural and hybrid deployment
- Supports IPv6 6LowPAN narrowband RF mesh and 2G/3G/4G/5G cellular multi-technology communication
- Build-as-you-go networks reduce CAPEX and total cost of ownership
Omnimesh - the benefits
- Gather complete, accurate and timely customer metering data to support loss reduction programmes, reduce energy costs by maximising billing revenues and increase power quality and customer experience
- Improve energy distribution reliability and resilience by rapidly identifying and responding to peak demand, quickly locating and enabling fault resolving, and implementing real time controls to prevent minor faults developing into wider outages
- Maximises smart grid investment by extending existing and new command and control capabilities over dedicated communication networks
- Reduce peak demand by driving consumer behaviour through real time pricing
CyanConnode's IP-based Omnimesh for utilities is a robust, turnkey solution for smart metering
Meeting a range of needs
CyanConnode’s Omnimesh solution has been designed as a highly versatile networking solution. Utilities companies will find its open standard architecture highly effective for smart metering and will benefit from its flexibility and scalability.
Range, Coverage and Resilience
Omnimesh sub-GHz, narrowband RF mesh is a flexible and high-performing communication technology. In dense urban environments RF mesh provides unparalleled deep-indoor coverage and RF spectrum efficiency. RF mesh can hop kilometres at a time to cover sparse rural deployments. With a maximum range of 10 km and a practical range of 2 km RF mesh can adapt to changes in the environment.
Omnimesh Cellular communication technologies function as excellent WAN backhaul links and provide cost-effective connectivity to outlying devices. To meet a range of requirements, Omnimesh Cellular products are available in all cellular regions and bands, and support 2G, 3G, 4G, and emerging 5G standards, including NB-IoT and Cat-M. Dual SIM Omnimesh Cellular
Ease of integration and deployment
Omnimesh enables rapid integration through API or secure connection to in-field SCADA system, which supports large scale networks (of Omnimesh-based meters) to be deployed efficiently and robustly, with zero commissioning and minimal human intervention.
Omnimesh enables communication using a range of Network Interface Card (NIC) modules. Omnimesh RF mesh and Omnimesh Cellular modules can be used interchangeably for maximum flexibility of metering deployments.
Omnimesh Integrated Gateway brings together the best of Omnimesh RF mesh and Omnimesh Cellular products in a small form factor, suitable for integration into standard smart meters. Omnimesh Integrated Gateway can eliminate the need for standalone Omnimesh Gateway installs.
Omnimesh provides standards-based, critical infrastructure grade security that comprises Public Key Infrastructure and certificate management, Key Storage in Hardware Security Modules and state-of the-art cryptography that helps ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of business data and functions.
Omnimesh Integrated Gateway boosts physical security by including gateway functions inside the protected perimeter of a standard smart meter.